We are currently preparing for migration of our last legacy datacenter, the North American one located in Ottawa. The move has been scheduled to occur on Saturday, 28 May 2011, and we are making the final preparations. While the move details have not yet been set in stone, we're able to provide a high level overview of our plans.
During the migration, we will be moving all sites and application infrastructure hosted on our legacy North America datacenter (located in Ottawa) to our new datacenter United States datacenter (located in New Jersey). The migration will take approximately 8 hours; during this time, any sites that are hosted on Ottawa datacenter will not be accessible and instead be replaced by a system maintenance message.
Sites hosted on other datacenters including Sydney, Dublin, and the new US datacenter will be unaffected.
- What's Happening?: We are migrating all sites and application infrastructure from Ottawa to New Jersey in one bulk-move
- (estimated) Start Time: 10:00PM EDT Saturday 28 May 2011
- (estimated) End Time: 6:00AM EDT Sunday 29 May 2011
- How Long Will It Take? We will have a scheduled maintenance window of 8 hours, during which all sites hosted on Ottawa will be unavailable (both front end and Admin console access). Once the maintenance is complete all sites will automatically be up again with both front end and Admin Console access.
- What are we doing? We are going to replicate all databases between Ottawa and New Jersey. We will also setup a high-speed direct datalink between the 2 locations, to ensure databases are kept in sync prior and during the migration. At the scheduled time of the migration we will reconfigure DNS settings and make other related Business Catalyst architectural changes to point to the New Jersey datacenter. We will also need to restart all web servers.
- Customer Action Required - sites hosted on legacy Ottawa datacenter with redelegated DNS: After the migration is complete you will need to update your DNS nameservers from ns[01,02,03].bigturns.com to ns[1,2,3].worldsecuresystems.com.
- Customer Action Required - sites hosted on legacy Ottawa datacenter with 3rd party hosted DNS: After the migration is complete you will need to change your DNS settings with your DNS host i.e GoDaddy etc, to point to the IP address of the New Jersey datacenter (22.214.171.124). This will re-enable FTP access to your site.