You can synchronize customers and orders from your online store into QuickBooks. To begin, you will need to satisfy a few prerequisites:
Once you have QuickBooks and the Web Connector properly installed, you'll need to complete the a one-time setup procedure. Here are the steps:
1. Log into your admin site (use the username you plan to use to synchronize with QuickBooks).
2. Navigate to eCommerce > QuickBooks.
3. Download the QuickBooks Web Connector (QWC) configuration file using the link in the action box. Save the file somewhere easily accessible such as your desktop.
4. Close all browser windows.
5. Double-click the downloaded QWC file. This should open the Web Connector and prompt you to verify that you want to allow access to your company file (you'll need to do so for the synchronization to work).
6. Enter the password for the account you used to download the file, and save it if desired.
7. Tick the box next to the newly-added item and click "Update Selected". This will load the list of your QuickBooks accounts into your website.
8. Return to the Admin site and eCommerce->QuickBooks page. Your accounts should be loaded into the dropdown. Pick the account that you want your sales to post to and click save.
9. Return to the Web Connector, and click the "Update Selected" button again.
10. Your customers will now be synchronized into QuickBooks. This may take quite some time if you have a lot of customers - up to 10 minutes per thousand customers depending on the speed of your computer and Internet connection. Subsequent synchronizations will be much faster, since only updated customers and orders are synchronized.
11. After your customers are synchronized, the orders will be synchronized next. Unless you have thousands of orders, this process should be quick. The orders will be created as Sales Receipts in QuickBooks. In the future, to synchronize, simply open the Web Connector and click "Update Selected", Customers and orders that have been added or updated since the last time you synchronized will be sent to QuickBooks.